Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santo Domingo East Mission Christmas Party

Our missionary records lie with the East Mission, though we serve in the whole area.  We went to the mission party yesterday at the Gascue Chapel which is next to the mission office.  The missionaries were in high spirits, it is also transfer week so it was a farewell for about eighteen Elders.  They had a talent show and a play of the Christmas story, both were partially serious and there was lots of laughter.  Sr. Hernandez, the Preident's wife made a huge cake, she worked hard on the plans for the party. 




The missionaries are fun to observe, I had several to talk to about health things.  Some are naive about health and when I talk to them on the phone don't always understand my questions and answer them anyway.  One had back pain, I asked him on the phone if it was in the midline of his back...yes it was.  Yesterday when I saw him he told me it was on the left side, and he placed his hand just over the kidney.  Just a slight change in what causes that kind of pain.  He told me he didn't know what midline was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...