Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve Dinner with the Mature Missionaries

We had a fine dinner in the cocina of the Casa Huespades, They just tore out the dividing wall in the sitting area this week.  The room is now so open and much brighter. We had lots of good food and retired to the Bair's apartment for singing and desserts. 

Reid Cornish loves to eat, especially desserts.  He was watching a Sister scoop up some ice cream into a disposible glass to take up to someone who couldn't come, and he said "I wonder if the Bairs have some root beer?" I didn't know about the Bair's but I knew I had one upstairs, I told him I would be right back.

It was a joy to watch him enjoy the making and consumption of that Root Beer float.  He was very careful handling everything, and careful not to foam over the root beer.  He is so very special for many reasons, I wish you all could know him.  I think the reason I loved him instantly, is because he reminds me of a phrase from the Temple blessings:  that we will speak no guile.  I may be wrong but he seems to be without guile in all he does.  A sister from Martinique was watching him do this and came to the table to observe, soon they were both eating a root beer float, her first ever.


Opened up dining room in the Casa: Birk,Lecolier,Brown,Low and Cornish Families

Los Pichardo,Hernandez,Castronova and Birk

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it's the exhaustion or what, but this one made me all teary eyed.

    ReplyDelete

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...