Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Early to Rise

I got up this morning to watch the Missionaries leave the CCM for their mission assignments.  They are excited to get on to their missions, but a little apprehensive too.  Their Spanish still has a way to go to be able to understand, they will learn quickly.  I do worry about some that seem more anxious, or unmotivated.  Hard to imagine not trying to learn the language but it happens. 

I have had four missionaries go home this month for medical reasons.  One senior man that fell and tore his rotator cuff.  One young Elder that re-tore his ACL playing basketball, the first time was in the Provo MTC and delayed his mission six months.  WEML.  The other two are young Elders with back pain, one struggled for months and wants to stay, I hope he can get it figured out and return.  The second was in the field only weeks and knows he can only get diagnosed and healed at home.  Even though intellectually I know I didn't give anyone their problems, I do feel diminished that they have to go home.  That if I was smarter maybe they would have been more careful, or that I could have made them better. 

These are great young men and women, I will enjoy seeing them over the next year, it is hard to picture them being fluent in Spanish and coming to pick up the greenies at the CCM in six months.


Elder Mecum, Este Mision and Elder Black, Oeste Mision APs wait their new Misioneros.


2 comments:

  1. That would be hard to see them go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should be saying if you were smarter, they wouldn't get hurt... I think it should be if they were smarter, they wouldn't get hurt. I saw the things the Elders did in my mission- I think they were lucky that more didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...