Friday, August 24, 2012

Tender Mercies and joy of Service

About four weeks ago our internet wifi became even more unreliable. I am on the computer off and on all day looking up Elders, making notes on contacts, reviewing mission applications, reading nurses' emails, looking up disease or medication information, etc.  That is besides keeping up with my family and MG world.  So it drives me crazy to be down and off line.  One day I went to complain in the area office,  while I was there the IT honcho walked in, he was here from Puerto Rico on business. I latched onto him and brought him upstairs to my office, he confirmed the  wifi was the problem and also saw that I had a DSL box. I told him that the Doctor before me was told that the line wasn't connected, I had tried it and it didn't work.  When he looked into it the phone was paid every month, year after year, but the Doctors all thought it was not connected.  The box was bad, replaced and I have been in businss ever since.  The wifi has been down most of the time since then.  I would have been crazy by now, I think God sent the IT guy to save me from a dire end.

On the joy of service side, this week there were some English speaking Islanders here, I was talking with two couples as we walked to the Temple on Tuesday.  One was from Trinidad, here to be sealed.  I had a great visit with them and then was able to help them in the Temple and witness their sealing.  The other couple, from Guyana, was also here to be sealed. When I told him my son-in-law had served in Guyana he remembered Elder Sookhoo well, and was excited to have some pictures sent to him to show his mother, that Steve had turned out so unexpectedly well.



Bro Leonard and Sr. Minina Byng,
 from Trinidad


Tracey and Orin Moses, Guyana
























Today, because of the tropical storm Isaac, the airport was closed and Pres. and Sr. Moses could not fly back to Guyana.  We spent last night talking with them as they tried to work out some new flights home. Today they were able to re-schedule and we had lunch and a short drive to see the waves in the ocean. The police shooed us away, the seas were high but the storm really wasn't too bad here.



In our apartment, Pres. Moses was on the phone and
computer trying to arrange a flight home.  At first,
the Airline said first available was Sept 4.


Squina hamburger restaurant.


Active waves were fun to watch hit the lava see wall. Not
much wind or rain here, hope Haiti is as lucky.


1 comment:

  1. Great stories! I'm sure the IT guy was there at just the right moment for you as a gift.

    It's really neat that you got to spend extra time with the Moses family.

    ReplyDelete

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...