Saturday, March 31, 2012

Health of the Missionaries

I have been fairly busy, in case you were thinking we only goof around.  I have phone calls and emails from a nurse in the West Indies and there is a new nurse in Puerto Rico, she has been busy getting to know all of the missionaries. Here in Santo Domingo and Santiago I have a clinic day to give advice to Elders.  I have had about 8 missionaries need hospitalization here so far, and another 8 or so in the outlying missions, I only have phone and email responsibilities for them.  Right now I have an Elder with pneumonia in the hospital.  I have about 120 contacts a month, about 80 in person, on average.  This doesn't count all the phone calls, just the ones recorded in the offical record.  Area wide I have had about 12 Elders go home with medical illnesses or injuries in six months.  So that is your update.

Pneumonia in recovery, the companjero stays 24/7 as well. 

2 comments:

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...