Sunday, November 27, 2011

All in a name

An Area medical Adviser serves in a country in which he or she usually doesn't have a medical license.  It is necessary, therefore, to be careful not to practice medicine but to only give advice.  Part of my duties include meeting with missionaries who are sick, so I give them advice.  I am charged also with the health of senior missionaries and mission presidents and their families as needed. 

On the door to my work area I had a sign that said Clinica. Visitors in the Temple housing, la Casa de Huespades, sometimes saw the sign and would bring their sick friends to see me.  I don't mind trying to help personally, but I really don't have much to help them with.  This weekend a good brother from Puerto Rico came with mild congestive heart failure, as did a Sister from Trinidad.  Needless to say, they need more than "medical advice" from me.  I hope they make it safely home.

So I made a new sign, are you impressed?

2 comments:

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...