Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Read the instructions

Most things are a little different, shopping, driving and such.  The street signs aren't very visible and billboards, store names and traffic signs all let you know- you are a stranger here.  I look forward to when they will be familiar and moving about will be more relaxed.  I can tell from the veterans that it will never be like driving at home.

I have been looking up medicines, names are generally close enough to be recognized but it can be tricky, what sounds familiar is sometimes not.  I was just changing the toilet paper roll, I had to read the instructions, which are in English, to use a little tool to push in a spring to release the spindle.  Familiarity and the usual way of doing daily things are an under appreciated comfort.

1 comment:

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...