Thursday, September 15, 2011

MTC life

Our week is fairly busy, Preach My Gospel training and beginning Spanish.  Young missionaries start right off using their language to study.  We do our teaching lessons in English and have our language separately.  We want to learn Spanish but do not need it to perform as Area Medical advisor. 

Today we started with the alarm at 6:15 am.  We had small group (District) Preach my gospel until 11:30, then ate Lunch.  At 12:20 we met again for our T time, practice teaching to volunteers in the Training Center.  You are observed teaching with cameras so you can be evaluated.  More stressful than it should be, but everyone feels the same way.  Ours went all right today, our investigator gave us a hard time but we didn't cry(some have in the past).  We did learn some weaknesses in our presentation and we need to learn the scriptures better.

After dinner we had spanish from 6-8 pm.  We have a good teacher, Bro. Miller from the Eagle 7th ward.  I think the introduction will set us up to learn the language before we get home.

All in all a great experience that I would recommend for anyone.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting!!!

    I'll teach you the only phrase that my Mission Doctor knew in Mexico City:

    "Elder, ne-ce-sita tomar mucho agua.... toma mucho agua!"

    This worked for headaches, food poisoning (even when I had a 104 degree fever...), sore hip, etc. And it worked!

    Have fun, and I love you guys!!!

    -Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:15! Tell me Grammy is getting a nap.

    ReplyDelete

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...