Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Spring weed burning at Parma Pond

Parma Pond 

Our large pond near parma  has developed many cat tail and bullrushes around its shoreline.  In addition last fall the county found and sprayed some phragmites, an invasive weed that will rapidly take over ponds.  So I sprayed some of the other weeds in the fall.  Now all of the edges are browned out for winter, so it is time to burn.  It is way harder work than I thought, plus I am aging rapidly.  I use some readily available accelerant and use the wind to spread the flames where I want.  So far it has worked pretty well, but I have about 3/4 left...

Looking across shallow end of pond toward where the trailer will be parked.

Looking toward the old wooden bridge and ditch into the pond.


Looking west across large pond.

Looking south-west toward swim platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...