Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spring and a Super Snipe hunt.

Spring brings chores, and the energy to think I can do them.  Weed and fertilizer spraying, tree and bush trimming and a large burn pile.  A trip to Parma to fly kites and to spray and spread some grass seeds.  Now we could use a little shower.

Josh, Levi and Morgan flying kites at Parma.  There are
nesting ducks and geese there.
The Super Snipe half of this blog's title started with a post on my Magnette group, someone said there is a nice car on Ebay, and it looks like it will go cheap.  I shouldn't have clicked on the link.  I had heard of the Humber Super Snipe, I had never seen one though...and it did seem to be a good price.
So we are now the proud owners of a Super Snipe, 1962 the year of manufacture in jolly olde England. It is very nice cosmetically, I hope I can get it back to driver status without too much drama.  It has an automatic transmission and should ease me into old age quite nicely.

She arrives:

On the flat-bed, it was trucked up from Riverside, CA.



That is a what a snipe looks like, for your next Boy Scout outing. 





















The interior:  Looks pretty nice!









1 comment:

Iceland Trip With the Horne Family- Feb 2019

In October while visiting Laura she discovered low cost flights via Icelandair direct from Seattle to Reykjavik, Iceland.  We pounced on the...